The Salvation Army Action Group of Grand Rapids
The Salvation Army Action Group was formed in 2010 with the goal of connecting young individuals in the Grand Rapids community to The Salvation Army through volunteer opportunities.
Many young people are aware that The Salvation Army does a lot of good across the world, but many do not know exactly how we serve the Grand Rapids community. We know that many young people are also looking for ways to make a difference in their community, and we would like to present them with opportunities to serve the Grand Rapids community through The Salvation Army.
The Action Group is designed to provide multiple volunteer and social events to provide an opportunity for young individuals to connect with the Grand Rapids community. We want to make a brighter future for our generation and the next.
Our mission is to encourage and foster relationships between young individuals in the greater Grand Rapids community and The Salvation Army.
- To increase young individual’s awareness and support of The Salvation Army’s programs and services
- To build a community of young individuals focused on service to others
- To increase the number of volunteer hours by young individuals in the Grand Rapids community
- To beneficially support The Salvation Army’s target programs and services:
- Turning Point Programs
- Little Pine Island Camp
- Youth Ministries
- Music Programs
- Emergency Disaster Services
- Kroc Corps Community Center
- Booth Family Services- Food Pantry, Utility Assistance, Homelessness Prevention, and Teen Parent Center